We are the ADS-B Experts
You have questions. We have answers.
By now, you’ve probably heard of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) and the requirement for many airplanes to add an ADS-B Out transponder to the panel. But you may be confused about what exactly ADS-B is, why you should care and what you should do.
That’s where we come in. Count on Cincinnati Avionics to guide you through the process from start to finish. We’ll explain what ADS-B is all about and what it offers for pilots, so you can make a confident decision about your airplane’s avionics. We also offer a full complement of ADS-B avionics to suit almost any aircraft, from names you trust: Garmin, Appareo, Bendix/King and more.
Read our helpful resources below, and feel free to contact us anytime to talk one-on-one: call 513.735.9595 or email [email protected]
At heart, ADS-B is a new way for Air Traffic Control to separate airplanes, but it can also offer free datalink weather and traffic. Here are 5 things to know before you upgrade to ADS-B:
- ADS-B Out avionics will be required by January 1, 2020 in most airspace where you need a Mode C transponder today.
- An approved WAAS GPS must be included in your ADS-B Out solution.
- ADS-B Out compliance must be with panel-installed equipment (no portables).
- ADS-B In equipage (for weather and traffic) is completely optional.
- Avionics are available from Garmin, Bendix/King, Appareo, Aspen and others, starting under $5,000.
Want to learn more about ADS-B?
- Read our ADS-B 101 article for plain English explanations and real world tips.
- Read our article on Understanding ADS-B traffic for a helpful graphic.
- Read our article about ADS-B Out – what’s the difference between 1090 and 978?
- Watch our webinar video on ADS-B for a detailed look at how the system works:
In just the past 18 months, a number of exciting ADS-B products have been announced. There has never been a better time to consider upgrading your panel. Below, find some of the more popular options. Request a quote or contact us for complete pricing and information.
GDL 82 – an all-in-one solution, including WAAS GPS, that retains your existing Mode C transponder. More info
GTX 335/345 – a 1090ES transponder (ADS-B Out), with internal GPS. 345 adds ADS-B In and a Bluetooth connection for tablets. More info
Already have a GTX 330 Mode S Transponder? In most cases, this can be upgraded to ES. Contact us for details.
Stratus ESG – a 1090ES transponder with certified WAAS GPS, an “all-in-one-box” product for compliance. The Stratus portable ADS-B In receiver can be connected to Appareo’s Out transponder for an amplified ADS-B In experience on ForeFlight. Also available without GPS (Stratus ES). More info
Lynx MultiLink Surveillance Systems is a simple transponder replacement packed full of ADS-B benefits. More info
Bendix/King by Honeywell
KT 74 – a 1090ES (ADS-B Out) transponder that is a “plug and play” replacement for the KT 76A/C. More info