You have questions. We have answers.
By now, you’ve probably heard of Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) and the requirement for many airplanes to add an ADS-B Out transponder to the panel. But you may be confused about what exactly ADS-B is, why you should care and what you should do.
That’s where we come in. Count on Cincinnati Avionics to guide you through the process from start to finish. We’ll explain what ADS-B is all about and what it offers for pilots, so you can make a confident decision about your airplane’s avionics. We also offer a full complement of ADS-B avionics to suit almost any aircraft, from names you trust: Garmin, Aspen, Avidyne, Bendix/King and more.
Read our helpful resources below, and feel free to contact us anytime to talk one-on-one: call 513.735.9595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At heart, ADS-B is a new way for Air Traffic Control to separate airplanes, but it can also offer free datalinked weather and traffic. Here are 5 things to know before you upgrade to ADS-B:
- ADS-B Out avionics will be required in most airspace by January 1, 2020.
- A WAAS GPS must be included in your ADS-B Out solution.
- ADS-B Out compliance must be with panel-installed equipment (no portables).
- ADS-B In equipage (for weather and traffic) is completely optional.
- Avionics are available from Garmin, Bendix/King, Appareo, Aspen and others, starting under $5,000.
Want to learn more about ADS-B?
- Read our ADS-B 101 article for plain English explanations and real world tips.
- Read our article on Understanding ADS-B traffic for a helpful graphic.
- Read our article about ADS-B Out – what’s the difference between 1090 and 978?
- Watch our webinar video on ADS-B for a detailed look at how the system works:
In just the past 18 months, a number of exciting ADS-B products have been announced. There has never been a better time to consider upgrading your panel. Below, find some of the more popular options. Request a quote or contact us for complete pricing and information.
GDL 88 – a 978 MHz UAT (ADS-B In and Out), available with or without an internal GPS. More info
GDL 84 – an all-in-one solution that includes WAAS GPS and Flight Stream for viewing weather on your iPad. More info
GTX 330ES – a 1090ES transponder (ADS-B Out), no internal GPS. More info
Already have a GTX 330 Mode S Transponder? In most cases, this can be upgraded to ES. Contact us for details.
Stratus ESG – a 1090 ES transponder and certified WAAS GPS, an “all-in-one-box” product for compliance. The Stratus ADS-B In receiver can be connected to Appareo’s Out transponder for an amplified ADS-B In experience on ForeFlight Mobile. More info
Bendix/King by Honeywell
KT 74 – a 1090ES (ADS-B Out) transponder that is a “plug and play” replacement for the KT 76A/C. More info
ARX100 – dual band ADS-B receiver (In only). More info
ATX200 – dual band In, 978 MHz Out ADS-B transceiver. More info
ATX200G – dual band ADS-B transceiver (In and Out) with GPS. More info